Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I tried to be chill, but you're so hot that I melted.

What a weekend my friends! Adventurous! Pragmatic! Amazing! Did I mention how beautiful the weather was? 80 degrees oh how I have missed you! As we were on our way to grab dinner, we were surprised at the lively colors surrounding the city. Spring, welcome back! There were so many pink and purple Redbuds, and white Dolgos and Redwoods illuminating the sky. BEAUTIFUL.
I don't mean to boast, but I am a proud owner of these two Redbud trees!
This past weekend was the annual Austin Kite Festival and I could not miss it. Because of amazing events and culture like these, I feel lucky to be an Austinite sometimes. The baby blue sky was filled with amazing kites and the perfect weather was filled with amazing people. I could not fathom the feeling of happiness and relaxation I felt flying my butterfly kite for three hours straight. The atmosphere and scenery was so breathtaking that I don't think words can do justice. It was so therapeutic. I felt like a kid again, without a care in the world. All that was missing from my picturesque day was gavyn, and funnel cake.
Again, I apologize for the bad image quality. I used the wrong camera.
It is the third day into the new week. Not just any week, but Spring Break week. Let's see how useful I can get myself to be. So far so good. A fourteen hour shift awaits in less than five hours.
Gnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment